For more than 20 years, we have provided our sexual risk avoidance program to local schools—both public and private. Last year, we gave our eight-session instruction to nearly 6,000 students. Willing to Wait™ is research based, medically accurate, and gives students the knowledge and skills necessary to responsibly manage their relationships and delay sexual activity until marriage. We have provided our program and training to centers throughout Michigan and in multiple different countries.
Program Highlights: ￼
- Willing to Wait™ follows the A-K requirements as set by the State of Michigan and adheres to the GLCE’s for HIV prevention.
- Willing to Wait™ instructors are trained and certified by the state of Michigan department of Education to teach HIV & AIDS awareness and by the Kent Intermediate School District to teach Reproductive Health 7-12.
- Willing to Wait™ instructors are certified nationally by Ascend with the designation of Sexual Risk Avoidance Specialists.
- All material is research based, medically accurate, and physician endorsed.
- Our eight and nine session curriculum has been taught in the Greater Grand Rapids area since 1995.
- Willing to Wait™ has age appropriate curriculum created for Middle School and High School students’ needs.
- Lessons are fun and interactive, using a variety of teaching methods geared to diverse learning styles. Creative activities communicate important information and encourage key decision-making skills for healthy lifestyle choices.
- Over 94% of students receiving instruction through Willing to Wait™ believe our program should be taught to other students their age.
- Our Willing to Wait™ Leadership Team completes our middle school program by encouraging their peers through skits and stories to avoid sexual risk by waiting for marriage.
- Willing to Wait™ is offered to schools free of charge this includes: instructor time, materials activities, and multi-media presentations.
Topic overview includes:
- Teen Pregnancy (the biological, relational, economic, and social impact)
- Sexually Transmitted Infections and Diseases
- Emotional and Relationship Consequences
- Unhealthy Relationships, Laws, & Resisting Peer Pressure
- Dating and Setting Boundaries
- Healthy Relationships and Marriage
- Birth Control/Contraception (optional lesson for high school, per school approval)
The PRC also provides faith-based programs for Protestant and Catholic Schools. For information on bringing Willing to Wait, a sexual risk avoidance curriculum, to your local school, please contact our staff at 616-259-1506.