For more information, contact Kelly at 616.259.1506.
Abstinence Education in Schools and Church Settings
This year marks our 20th year of teaching abstinence education. Our character-based curriculum effectively comes alongside parents to teach teens the Biblical truth regarding sexuality as well as the skills necessary to responsibly manage their relationships. Here are some highlights of this highly acclaimed program:
- Provides professional teachers free of charge.
- Educates through PRC’s own eight-session program.
- Partners with more than 60 schools throughout greater Grand Rapids.
- Instructs approximately 6,000 students each year.
- Provides separate, age appropriate lessons for both middle and high school students.
- Teaches W2W – The Whole Truth™ in Christian schools and churches where we are permitted the addition of Biblical clarity.
- Challenges students to wait until marriage.
- Leads as the largest program of its kind in the State ofMichigan.
- Includes eight poignant lessons:
- Teen Pregnancy
- Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Issues of the Heart
- Handling Peer Pressure
- Dating and Setting Limits
- Healthy and Unhealthy Relationships
- Why Real Love Waits
- Peer Drama Team
For information about bringing our abstinence program (for public school settings) or W2W – The Whole Truth™ (for Christian school settings), to your local school, please contact Kelly at 616-259-1506.
Recommended Willing to Wait™Reading
- DiMarco, Hayley and Lookadoo, Justin. Dateable: Are You? Are They? Fleming H. Revell, 2003
- DiMarco, Hayley. Technical Virgin: How Far is Too Far? Revell, 2006
- Gresh, Dannah What Are You Waiting For? Moody Press, 2010 (Kelly’s Favorite – PRC’s Education Director)
- Lookadoo, Justin. The Dirt on Sex.Revell,MI 2004
- White, Joe. Pure Excitement. Tyndale House Publishers, 1996
- Arterburn, Stephen and Fred Stoeker. Every Young Man’s Battle. Waterbrook Press, 2002
- Gresh, Bob. Who Moved the Goal Posts: 7 Winning Strategies in the Sexual Integrity Game. Moody Press, 2001
- Arterburn, Stephen and Ethridge, Shannon. Every Young Woman’s Battle – Guarding Your Mind, Heart & Body in a Sex-Saturated World. Waterbrook Press, 2004
- DiMarco, Hayley. Sexy Girls: How Hot is Too Hot? Revell, 2006
- Gresh, Dannah Secret Keeper: The Delicate Power of Modesty, Moody Press, 2002
- Ameiss, Bill and Graver, Jane. Learning About Sex Series: Love, Sex and God. Girls Edition or Boys Edition Ages 15 & up. Concordia Publishing House, 1998
- Arp, David and Claudia. Suddenly They’re 13 (or The Art of Hugging a Cactus) Zondervan, 1999
- Bimler, Rich. Learning About Sex Series: Sex and the New You. (Ages 13-15) Concordia Publishing House, 1982
- Deltano, Keith. Making Virginity Possible – Simple Strategies You Can Learn to Protect Your Child’s Sexual Purity. Freedom Entertainment Publishing Co., 2003
- Dobson, Dr. James. Preparing for Adolescence. (Updated Version) Gospel Light, 2006
- Jones, Stan and Brenna. How & When to Tell Your Kids About Sex. NavPress, 2007
- Jones, Stan and Brenna. What’s the Big Deal: Why God Cares about Sex (Book 3 -Ages 8-11) NavPress, 2007
- Jones, Stanton and Brenna. Facing the Facts: The Truth about Sex and You. (Book 4. Ages 11-14) NavPress, 2007
- Leman, Kevin and Bell, Kathy Flores. A Chicken’s Guide to Talking Turkey with Your Kids about Sex. Zondervan, 2006
- Lewis, Robert. Raising a Modern Day Knight: A Father’s Role in Guiding His Son to Authentic Manhood. Tyndale House Publishers, 2007
- Lickona, Tom and Judy. Sex, Love & You. Ave Maria Press, 1994.
- Ludy, Eric and Leslie. Teaching True Love to a Sex-at-13 Generation: The Ultimate Guide for Parents. Thomas Nelson, 2006
- Meeker, Meg Dr. Epidemic: How Teen Sex is Killing Our Kids. LifeLine Press, 2002.
- Rinehart, Paula Sex and the Soul of a Woman. Zondervan, 2004.
- Scherrer, David L. and Klepacki, Linda M. How to Talk to Your Kids about Sexuality. Cook Communications Ministries, 2004.
For Adult Singles:
- Gudgel, David. Before You Live Together. Regal Books Publishing, 2003
- Harley, Willard F. Jr. I Promise You: Preparing for a Marriage that Will Last a Lifetime.Revell, 2006