For more information, contact Kelly at 616.259.1506.
Abstinence Education in Schools and Church Settings
This year marks our 20th year of teaching abstinence education. Our character-based curriculum effectively comes alongside parents to teach teens the Biblical truth regarding sexuality as well as the skills necessary to responsibly manage their relationships. Here are some highlights of this highly acclaimed program:
- Provides professional teachers free of charge.
- Educates through PRC’s own eight-session program.
- Partners with more than 60 schools throughout greater Grand Rapids.
- Instructs approximately 6,000 students each year.
- Provides separate, age appropriate lessons for both middle and high school students.
- Teaches W2W – The Whole Truth™ in Christian schools and churches where we are permitted the addition of Biblical clarity.
- Challenges students to wait until marriage.
- Leads as the largest program of its kind in the State ofMichigan.
- Includes eight poignant lessons:
- Teen Pregnancy
- Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Issues of the Heart
- Handling Peer Pressure
- Dating and Setting Limits
- Healthy and Unhealthy Relationships
- Why Real Love Waits
- Peer Drama Team
For information on bringing our abstinence program to your local school, please contact Kelly at 616-259-1506.
We are happy to bring our expertise and NEW program directly to the local church!
We created W2W– The Whole Truth™ for the church and Christian schools, where we can include Biblical foundations and support. Our curriculum equips parents and students with the tools they need to be sexually pure in the midst of a promiscuous culture.
Currently, our eight-session program for students (see above list of our eight lessons) is available in versions for both the secular and the Christian school setting. Our new four-week parent presentation will be taught within the church setting.
We look forward to the challenges ahead as we offer our W2W – The Whole Truth™ to the local church!
If you would like more information about bringing this exciting to program to your church, please contact John Smith at 616-259-1511.
For information about bringing our abstinence program (for public school settings) or W2W – The Whole Truth™ (for Christian school settings), to your local school, please contact Kelly at 616-259-1506.
The Whole Truth™
Who’s teaching the kids you love about sex and relationships?
With six practical, Biblically centered presentations, we equip parents with the tools they need to have ongoing, impactful conversations with their children about sexual purity.
Session 1 –Use your influence
A. Learn from the mistakes of one pastor and father of three
B. Sarah’s story on DVD
C. True love waits on DVD
Session 2 – The lifelong approach of talking to your kids
A. Why you’re the best person to talk to your kids about sex
B. The culture today and how we got here
C. The Lies we believe
Session 3 – What they don’t know can kill them
A. Pregnancy & Abortion
B. Sexually Transmitted Infections
C. Spiritual Consequences
Session 4 – Understanding the dangers of pornography
A. The prevalence of pornography use today
B. Equipping parents for ongoing conversations
C. Somebody’s daughter
Session 5 – Dating & Relationships
A. Infatuation, love and sexual desire
B. How far to go
Session 6 – Keeping in Touch With Our Kid’s Heart
A. Building self esteem
B. Helping kids handle pressure
C. Choosing reward over consequences
Recommended Willing to Wait™Reading
- DiMarco, Hayley and Lookadoo, Justin. Dateable: Are You? Are They? Fleming H. Revell, 2003
- DiMarco, Hayley. Technical Virgin: How Far is Too Far? Revell, 2006
- Gresh, Dannah What Are You Waiting For? Moody Press, 2010 (Kelly’s Favorite – PRC’s Education Director)
- Lookadoo, Justin. The Dirt on Sex.Revell,MI 2004
- White, Joe. Pure Excitement. Tyndale House Publishers, 1996
- Arterburn, Stephen and Fred Stoeker. Every Young Man’s Battle. Waterbrook Press, 2002
- Gresh, Bob. Who Moved the Goal Posts: 7 Winning Strategies in the Sexual Integrity Game. Moody Press, 2001
- Arterburn, Stephen and Ethridge, Shannon. Every Young Woman’s Battle – Guarding Your Mind, Heart & Body in a Sex-Saturated World. Waterbrook Press, 2004
- DiMarco, Hayley. Sexy Girls: How Hot is Too Hot? Revell, 2006
- Gresh, Dannah Secret Keeper: The Delicate Power of Modesty, Moody Press, 2002
- Ameiss, Bill and Graver, Jane. Learning About Sex Series: Love, Sex and God. Girls Edition or Boys Edition Ages 15 & up. Concordia Publishing House, 1998
- Arp, David and Claudia. Suddenly They’re 13 (or The Art of Hugging a Cactus) Zondervan, 1999
- Bimler, Rich. Learning About Sex Series: Sex and the New You. (Ages 13-15) Concordia Publishing House, 1982
- Deltano, Keith. Making Virginity Possible – Simple Strategies You Can Learn to Protect Your Child’s Sexual Purity. Freedom Entertainment Publishing Co., 2003
- Dobson, Dr. James. Preparing for Adolescence. (Updated Version) Gospel Light, 2006
- Jones, Stan and Brenna. How & When to Tell Your Kids About Sex. NavPress, 2007
- Jones, Stan and Brenna. What’s the Big Deal: Why God Cares about Sex (Book 3 -Ages 8-11) NavPress, 2007
- Jones, Stanton and Brenna. Facing the Facts: The Truth about Sex and You. (Book 4. Ages 11-14) NavPress, 2007
- Leman, Kevin and Bell, Kathy Flores. A Chicken’s Guide to Talking Turkey with Your Kids about Sex. Zondervan, 2006
- Lewis, Robert. Raising a Modern Day Knight: A Father’s Role in Guiding His Son to Authentic Manhood. Tyndale House Publishers, 2007
- Lickona, Tom and Judy. Sex, Love & You. Ave Maria Press, 1994.
- Ludy, Eric and Leslie. Teaching True Love to a Sex-at-13 Generation: The Ultimate Guide for Parents. Thomas Nelson, 2006
- Meeker, Meg Dr. Epidemic: How Teen Sex is Killing Our Kids. LifeLine Press, 2002.
- Rinehart, Paula Sex and the Soul of a Woman. Zondervan, 2004.
- Scherrer, David L. and Klepacki, Linda M. How to Talk to Your Kids about Sexuality. Cook Communications Ministries, 2004.
For Adult Singles:
- Gudgel, David. Before You Live Together. Regal Books Publishing, 2003
- Harley, Willard F. Jr. I Promise You: Preparing for a Marriage that Will Last a Lifetime.Revell, 2006